Weddings at Chapel of the Holy Cross, Sedona

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. Thank you for your interest in getting married here.  We are happy to make our Chapel available for weddings, it is part of the Catholic Parish of St. John Vianney in Sedona.

Getting Started

  • If you are a member of our St. John Vianney Parish, please call and make an appointment with Deacon Dennis to begin the process. A date cannot be entered into the calendar until you have completed the Pre-nuptial Inquiry (PNI).  Remember, that if you are a resident of the Diocese of Phoenix, a wedding cannot be scheduled less than nine months after your initial appointment with Deacon Dennis.
  • If you do not reside in our parish, please contact your local parish to begin the marriage preparation process. We can reserve the Chapel only after we have received a letter from whoever you are working with that you have begun the marriage preparation process in your parish/diocese.  Your completed marriage folder must be received by the Tribunal of the Diocese of Phoenix, one month prior to your marriage.  If you are traveling to Sedona from another country your completed file must be forwarded 60 days in advance of your wedding.

Who can be Married Here

Any couple who can get married in the Catholic Church is welcome to be married at the Chapel of the Holy Cross.  In the Diocese of Phoenix, outdoor weddings are not permitted.

Times for Weddings

Because of the nature of the Chapel as a shrine, weddings can only be held after 5:00 p.m., Tuesday through Fridays.  

Fees Associated with Weddings

Fees include: 

  • Use of the Chapel 
  • Together for Life booklet
  • Wedding Facilitator 
  • Celebrant Stipend 
  • Music Director / Cantor 
  • Additional Musician – $125 (optional) 

Non-registered parishioners requesting to be married at the Chapel of the Holy Cross – $1,900. 

Registered parishioners – $1,300. (200 secure deposit to reserve the date)

Note: If you choose an additional musician, then add $125 for a total of ($2,025 or $1,425)

Marriage License

A valid Arizona Marriage License from the Clerk of the Superior Court is required prior to the wedding date.  

Contact for out-of-Parish Couples

Information on the status of your folder can be obtained from Deacon Dennis Sullivan at 

God bless!


Chapel Art

Scroll to Top